Half Day & Full Day Rock Climbing!
Rock Climbing in Durango, CO
Come rock climbing with Kling Mountain Guides, Durango’s locally owned mountain guide service. We have climbs of every difficulty from low entry level single pitch to multi pitch classics. All KMG Guides and Instructors are American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) Certified Single Pitch Instructors or have higher levels of training. We are the SOLE DURANGO BASED GUIDE SERVICE that only hires AMGA trained and certified guides and instructors. This means you can rest assured that the guide has gone through extensive training with the best organization in the industry. All KMG guides have medical training which includes wilderness medical training and CPR.
Beginner to Intermediate Rock Climbing
This is a great deal for the individual or group just looking for some fun on the rock. It is perfect for the “never have I ever” climber as well as those that have climbed outside before. Ascend the sandstone cliffs overlooking beautiful Durango. This trip is perfect for the Durango explorer just visiting town! Our half day trips are a full 4-hours. Do you want to push yourself for more than just four hours? Try a full day trip with 8-hours of climbing and instruction!
Intermediate to Advanced Level Rock Climbing
East Animas is the local Durango climber hang out. From introductory single pitch climbs to more advanced multi pitch classics, East Animas has a rock climb for everybody. Both the lengths of climbs as well as difficulty vary more than X Rock. East “A” as the locals call it has a longer approach hike than X Rock, but the views and climbs are worth it!
- AMGA Trained/Certified Rock Guide
- Group climbing equipment (ropes, harnesses, all other technical climbing equipment, climbing shoes, first aid kits)
Price Does NOT Include
- Guide gratuity
- Personal clothing or gear
- Personal snacks
- Travel to Durango, Colorado from your location.
- Hotels before and after trip
- Recommended Travel/trip cancellation insurance.
We are able to supply all the required equipment for Durango rock climbing trips. However, you are welcome to bring your own.
- Harness: This should be a UIAA rated comfortable all day climbing harness with four gear loops. The Camp Laser is our current favorite
- Climbing Shoes: These should be comfortable all day sticky rubber climbing shoes. While extremely tight sport climbing shoes will work, we recommend the La Sportiva TC Pro.
- Climbing helmet: This must be a UIAA/CE rated climbing helmet. The Camp Speed is our current favorite.
- Nylon runner: This needs to be a 48 inch nylon runner.
- Belay Device: Tube style belay device. We like the Black Diamond ATC Guide.
- Locking Carabiners: (2)
- Non-locking carabiner: (2)
- Small backpack: This should be large enough to carry some food, water, a camera, your extra layer and your approach shoes. If you do not have one, don’t worry. We have packs that you can use. The Black Diamond Hollowpoint works great.
Approach shoes: These should be comfortable approach shoes. These will be what you wear hiking in to the climb. The La Sportiva Boulder are a great shoe.
- Comfortable clothing
- 2 liters of water
- some snacks
- Climbers should be in good physical condition.
- For the more advanced climbs that East A has to offer, we highly recommend previous outdoor climbing experience; X-Rock is the best option for those that are brand new to climbing.
- Half day climbs are from 9:00 am to 1:00 and an 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Full days climbs begin at 9:00 am and go until 5:00 PM
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your trip to ensure a timely departure.
Registration & Cancelation
- Unfortunately, due to extremely high demand we have a very strict registration and cancelation policy. We can not transfer you to an other program. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING TRAVEL INSURANCE! We recommend the TravelEx Insurance Travel Select plan with the Adventurer Plus Pak upgrade.
- To reserve your spot on a domestic climbing or skiing program please fill out the enclosed application and return it to us along witha 50% deposit if applying more than 60 days out. If your trip/ course starts in less than 60 days please submit full payment.
- Program fees are non-transferable.
If notice of cancellation is given in writing at least 60 days prior to the trip start date, you will be refunded your fulldeposit except for a $50 processing fee.
- If notice of cancellation is given in writing within 59 – 30 days prior to the trip start date, a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount will be charged. If notice of cancellation is given in writing less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the program fee will be charged.
Daily March-November Advanced registration required.
1/2 and full day options
X-Rock or East Animas Durango, CO
Half Day Rock
- 1:1 – $225
- 2:1 – $260
- 3:1 – $345
- 4:1 – $400
- 5:1 – $425
- 6:1 – $450
Full Day Rock
- 1:1 – $325
- 2:1 – $430
- 3:1 – $480
- 4:1 – $560
- 5:1 – $575
- 6:1 – $600
Client to Guide Ratio
1:1 up to 6:1
Beginner to expert