Let our experienced guides take you on a custom camping adventure, in the beautiful San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado. From family-friendly overnight trips, to multi-day backpacking adventures into the remote and stunning Weminuche wilderness, the guides at AEW/KMG will tailor a custom adventure that best suites your group!
More information on pricing and locations to come.
- AMGA Trained/Certified Guide
- Group safety equipment (first aid kit, backcountry communication device)
Price Does Not Include
- Travel to Durango, Colorado from your location.
- Personal clothing or gear
- Personal snacks
- Hotels before and after trip
- Recommended Travel/trip cancelation insurance.
- Guide/ Staff gratuity
- Hiking Shoes: These should be comfortable all day hiking shoes. We recommend ones with a bit of a higher cuff for ankle support.
- Small backpack: This should be large enough to carry some food, water, a camera, and your extra layers. If you do not have one, don’t worry. We have packs that you can use.
- Socks: thin hiking socks, synthetic or wool.
- Bottoms: pants or shorts should be comfortable & allow freedom of movement. Remember no cotton in the mountains.
- Top: Synthetic or wool T shirt, tank top or long sleeve.
- Warm layer: Fleece or wool top for warmth in the chilly mornings over the t-shirt. Temperatures can vary with altitude, wind and shade.
- Insulating layer: mid-weight puffy (down/synthetic-filled) jacket for cool evenings/mornings.
- Light weight jacket: This may be worn in the mornings and to protect from wind.
- Hat: with a brim – to keep the sun off your face. + sunglasses!
- No experience necessary – we can tailor the camping experience to you!
- There are many options to chose from in order to suit the desires and abilities of your group or family.
- Multi-day / multi-location trips available
Registration & Cancelation
- Unfortunately, due to extremely high demand we have a very strict registration and cancelation policy. We can not transfer you to an other program. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING TRAVEL INSURANCE! We recommend the TravelEx Insurance Travel Select plan with the Adventurer Plus Pak upgrade.
- To reserve your spot on a domestic climbing or skiing program please fill out the enclosed application and return it to us along witha 50% deposit if applying more than 60 days out. If your trip/ course starts in less than 60 days please submit full payment.
- Program fees are non-transferable.
If notice of cancellation is given in writing at least 60 days prior to the trip start date, you will be refunded your fulldeposit except for a $50 processing fee.
- If notice of cancellation is given in writing within 59 – 30 days prior to the trip start date, a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount will be charged. If notice of cancellation is given in writing less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the program fee will be charged.
Daily March- Nov. Advanced registration required.
Multi-day options available
San Juan Mountains
More info to come.
Client to Guide Ratio
up to 6:1
all levels welcome!