Guided Backcountry Skiing & Avalanche Education
Silverton, Red Mountain Pass, and San Juan Mountains, Colorado
KMG offers tours and trips in Colorado's San Juan Mountains! Come see for yourself why so many ski movies are filmed here and olympic gold medalists train right here! The San Juan Mountains and Red Mountain Pass have the best backcountry skiing this side of Alaska! Let our expert guides take you to Red Mountain Pass and Silverton, Colorado. Our programs are custom tailored to your needs, form the "first-time-in-the-backcountry-skier" to "big mountain free skier," KMG has a trip with your name on it! At KMG we don't just "accommodate" you, we give you the custom ski adventure or course that you will talk about for the rest of your life! Don't ski with an ordinary guide service, come ski with an extraordinary guide service, Kling Mountain Guides!
- From half day introduction courses to comprehensive Level 2 AIARE courses, KMG has a complete selection of courses to meet your needs. Come learn with the company that works with numerous institutions of higher learning!
- This course is ideal for those with limited backcountry experience. Build upon the skills you learned in previous ski and avalanche courses with this two day course.
- KMG is the total package! If you are not ready to ski the backcountry, come take ski with a KMG guide at Durango Mountain Resort. We also offer a host of inbounds Companion Rescue Clinics as well as inbounds Intro to Avalanche courses! Find out more.
- Are gladded trees not your thing? Do you want to ski the 4000 + foot big lines off big peaks? Let KMG take you there!
"European style" Hut Trips"
- Come experience the European "stay-cation" with KMG in the San Juan Mountains. The San Juans are filled with numerous backcountry huts. Ski big all day and then go back to a warm hut and even a hot shower!
- Let us put together your custom package that is tailored to exactly your needs! From a morning outing in gladded trees to a multi-day ski mountaineering excursion, KMG can take you there!